Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn More

Sign in to view all badges

.TDS from Repository: Assembler error=ALC-DSC-005-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCNotSerializableException

13-11-2008

I have a process that applies an overlay template to an incoming PDF <br />using the Assembler (ddx element: <PageOverlay>) . The overlay <br />template is a Designer .TDS file. Right now I have the .TDS file on <br />the file system and read it using the FileUtilsService -> Read <br />Document operation. Everything works great. <br /><br />Now I am trying to access the overlay template (.TDS file) from the <br />repository instead of the filesystem. <br /><br />I added the file to the repository. I put a Read Resource Content <br />operation in the process and changed the routes that lead into and out <br />fo the Read Document operation to the Read Resource Content operation. <br />The Input param on the Read Resource Content operation is an XPATH <br />expression. The Output param is a variable (document type). There is a <br />route from the Read Resource Content operation to an Invoke DDX <br />operation. <br /><br />When I invoke the process, I get: ALC-DSC-005-000: <br />com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCNotSerializableException: Not Serializable (full <br />dump at end of thread). <br /><br />If I remove the route from the Read Resource Content to the Invoke DDX <br />operation, the process ends and the Invoke Process Result dialog <br />displays and shows the OUT variable (the template read from the <br />repository) with its length (11714) and its content type (application/ <br />octet-stream). I then clicked "Save Document Content" and saved it to <br />a new file. I can open the new file in designer and it is exactly the <br />right content. <br /><br />This tells me i am getting the document from the repository ok, but <br />the assembler doesn't like it for some reason. <br />The invoke DDX input document (DDX Key) for the overlay template (TDS) <br />is an xpath statement referencing a variable that is document type. <br />The same variable was used when the TDS file came from the file <br />system. I didn't change any of the parameters on the operations, just <br />rearranged the routes to bypass the Read Document (filesytem) and go <br />to the Read Resource; then added a route from the Read Resource to the <br />Invoke DDX. <br /><br />Is there some operation i need to do after i get a document from the <br />repository (vs. getting the same exact document from the file system)? <br /><br />Thanks! <br />Gregg <br /><br />FULL DUMP: <br />ALC-DSC-005-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCNotSerializableException: Not <br />Serializable <br />Caused by: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: <br />Invocation error. <br /> at <br />com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOI­nvokerImpl.java: <br />152) <br /> at <br />com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(Invocati­onInterceptor.java: <br />140) <br /> at <br />com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(Requ­estInterceptorChainImpl.java: <br />60) <br /> at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor <br />$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74) <br /> at <br />com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean­.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java: <br />342) <br /> at <br />com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean­.doSupports(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java: <br />212) <br /> at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor603.invoke(Unknown Source) <br /> at <br />sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImp­l.java: <br />25) <br /> at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585) <br /> at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345) <br /> at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer <br />$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214) <br /> at <br />org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(Cac­hedConnectionInterceptor.java: <br />149) <br /> at <br />org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessS­essionInstanceInterceptor.java: <br />154) <br /> at <br />org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpoi­ntInterceptor.java: <br />54) <br /> at