Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tabbing order

Former Community Member
I have a form with a row of 3 subforms wrapped in a subform that I have specified a minimum of 11. In each of the 3 subforms there are 3 check boxes and 3 text fields which go in the order of a check box then a text field to the right and then 2 more of the same underneath. The tabbing order I have set goes from the check box to the text field and so forth through all the fields in the first row but when I do a pdf preview of the form and tab to the next row the order changes to a text field first then the check box then text field then check box and so forth. Not sure why that is happening or what to do to remedy the problem.

Steven
3 Replies

Former Community Member
OK let me try this.

Why do some fields tab to the right text field first then to the check box at the left of said text field? Seems like it should tab to the check box then to the text field at it's right.

Former Community Member
I don't know about this version of the software but in version 5 the default tabbing order was left to right, top to bottom and if fields, checkboxes & such were positioned slightly out of alignment, or were higher than other items, then the default tabbing could be a bit weird. Depending on how you go about setting up a custom tabbing order this could come into play. We even change the size of the background area of some objects, such as check boxes, to affect the tabbing order or how far a screen scrolls when tabbing into a check box.

Not having used this software I'm guessing but it is possible that using subforms could affect things depending on how the individual fields and the subforms themselves are aligned.

Former Community Member
Thanks for the reply. I will check the position of the check boxes in relation to the text fields. That is one thing I didn't check.

I did at one point manually set the tab order which worked for the first occurance of the sub form but when I tabbed to the next occurance of the subForm the tabbing order followed the way I described earlier. Very strange. Anyway thanks for the input.