Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Tabbing into radio buttons

Former Community Member
All radio button groups on my form are skipped when tabbing through the fields, even though the tab order is set correctly.

I did duplicate the radio button groups and change their Names and values to save time, as there are lots of Yes/No options on my form. So, I dragged a new radio button from the library onto the form, changed the tab order again, but that still can't be accessed via tab key.

The only way to access the radio buttons is to click into them with the mouse.

I have Designer 7.0 - Is this a bug?
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Mike,

I remember asking the same in an earlier version of the Designer.

It turned out that Adobe's interperation of tabbing in a group of radiobuttons is somewhat different to mine.

I doubt they'd mark it as a bug, as it works the way they expect it to.. This is that you can tab into the group of radio buttons, and then inside that group you need to use arrow keys to navigate from one button to another. Unfortunately this also then sets the radio button you have 'arrowed' into..

Tabbing again will then take you to the next object in tabbing order.

Hope this helps,

Sanna

Former Community Member
Yeah. And anyone with screen readers / voice cursor movement control or those that are mouse phobic are just out of luck. We go out of our way to make our forms fully keyboard compatable (thus voice command compatible). This behaviour with radio buttons prevents that.

Former Community Member
Sanna, the problem is not tabbing/arrowing between radio buttons, but initially tabbing into the group.

I set tab order, but the radio buttons only get 'tabbed' into after all the other fields have been tabbed through. So,I set tab order 1-100 with radio button groups at 25, 50 and 75. but they are not tabbed into until after the field set at tab order 100. It seems like radio button groups are on a different layer/level than the rest of the field types.

Former Community Member
Mike,

How does your Hierarchy view look like? Or did you set a custom tabbing order?

I just created a test form by laying out the objects in the exact order I expected to be tabbing into them. I have 2 radiobutton lists and they are separated by other fields.

I then tested tabbing into the group and out of the group and they worked both forward and backward. (Not sure how to include the file here, otherwise I would.)

If you check your Hierarchy view and check that each Radiobutton list follows the object you want to tab into it from, you may find it works better.

Good luck,

Sanna