Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Tab sequence on conditional forms?

Level 2
I have a form with several conditional parts stored in fragments. I found some odd behavior with the tab sequence: Using LC Designer v8.2 I set the appropriate tab sequence for both container document and fragements. But when running the form it seems like part's appearing conditionally (based on user interaction) are positioned after regular form-parts in tab sequence. Even though the conditional parts are in the middle of the form! :S

Does anyone has an idea how to solve this?
2 Replies

Former Community Member
To help with your navigation setup, try using the new visual aid feature on the tabbing palatte in Designer 8.2. It is a very useful tool in helping figure out custom tabbing navigation.

You can set it on by clicking the top right dropdown on the tabbing palatte, and scrolling down on the context menu to Visual Aids. Click it to set it on.

When you then mouse over fields on the canvas, the containers will highlight orange, and an arrow indicator will indicate the next object in the order.

If you set an object to be tab-able, but it is unavailable at runtime, because it is protected, or is hidden from the layout for example, the default tab order will kick in, and go back to geographic order, which may not be want you desire.

Level 2
I'm familiar with this new tab-feature and actually did use it to set the proper tab-order. But as a result I get this weird behavior on conditionally shown parts.

The "geographic order" would be OK for me... if it would work like that, but it doesn't: the tab-indexes of subforms shown in the middle of the form are sequentially ordered AFTER parts that were visible at startup. So now when walking through the form by hitting tab, it skips the conditional parts until the end of the form is reached and than it jumps back to the conditional parts.

Can it have something to do with fragments that are hidden by default? In the tab-index list you see the indexes of all items. Also the objects part of underlying fragments. But objects part of hidden subforms or fragments disappear in this list and seems not be indexed any longer.

Any idea on solving this?