Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Sum of calculations

Not applicable
Hello folks,

I have a dynamic table that includes a Qty field and a ListPrice field. On the same row I have a total using Qty * ListPrice

Now, I also have a running total at the bottom which looks something like this:

Sum(ProductRow1[*].RowTotal) + Sum(ProductRow2[*].RowTotal) + Sum(ProductRow3[*].RowTotal)

Now here is my problem, I also have a "running total" for all the ListPrice events at the bottom of the ListPrice column, and this works fine, and it looks like this:

Sum(ProductRow1[*].ListPrice) + Sum(ProductRow2[*].ListPrice) + Sum(ProductRow3[*].ListPrice)

It works fine, except I want this "ListPriceTotal" only to include items that have a Qty attached. It right now is populated via XML with the ListPrice dynamically populated. I don't have room to make another column to "Hide" this total, I would like to use FormCalc.

I have tried the following without any luck, as it only totals the first row from each section and not the rows following within the same section:

Sum (ProductRow1[*].ListPrice * ProductRow1[*].Qty)

Basically here is what I would like to see happen....

Item# Qty ListPrice DicsountPrice RowTotal

ABCD 2 $500 $400 $800

WXYZ 3 $250 $200 $600

SubTotal $1400

I want to see the ListPriceTotal field to show $750 in the above scenario.

If item # WXYZ quantity = 0 then the ListPriceTotal field would show $500
1 Reply
pguerett
Level 10
Level 10
Unless you want to keep a separate "hidden" column (it could be 1 charachter wide and not available to the user) you would have to to a pretty sophisticated expression to get what you want.