Expand my Community achievements bar.

Submit button help.

Former Community Member
Hello All!

I am creating an training request E-form. The requestor completes all necessary fields and then emails the data to a training officer. Once the training officer confirms that the requestor's training date does not interfere with his schedule, he the completes a portion of the same form and sends the requestor the confirmation that includes all the original data. The form will have two submit buttons. One of them is for the requestor to send the information. The other button will be used by the training officer to respond back to the requestor. Is it possible to auto fill the email properties of the second submit button with the email address that was originally provided by the requestor? The requestor has a required email field that they must complete in order to submit the request.

Thanks for any help on this one...

Steve
1 Reply

Former Community Member
say the field with the email address is named TextField1

you can add a plain button and add the following script to its click event

var emailAddress = TextField1.rawValue;

{

event.target.submitForm({cURL:"mailto:"+emailAddress+"?subject=TEST&body=TEST.",cSubmitAs:"XML",cCharset:"utf-8"});

}

so.. the button becomes an email submit button that fills the To: field with the email address previously provided by the user

if it doesn't work, you can punch a wall, thats what i do