Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Subforms conditional on checkbox event Help!

Former Community Member
I am trying to create a complex order form for customers and do not know if I am even approaching this the correct way. I would like the form to have about 20 different checkboxes. When a customer checks a checkbox I would like a subform with drop-down, fill-in text boxes, etc. to come up on the form. So if a customer checked 5 different checkboxes, 5 different subforms would come up with drop-downs, text boxes, etc asking them to select their product model, type, color and size choices for those 5 different products they checked. I have read through the adobe site and the program help section but I am still very confused on how to structure this properly. I have used formcalc to create simply events but have never tried to bring up fillable form information depending upon a event. I would really appreciate any guidance as I feel very overwhelmed with understanding how to structure this!

Thanks

Meg
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Megan,

We are giving consultancy on LiveCycle Designer. If you need through help, you can contact me.

asiyegunaydin@kgc.com.tr

Asiye

Former Community Member
Is it the same subform (look and feel) for each checkbox or is the subform unique based on the checkbox selected?

Former Community Member
The subform is unique based on the box checked.

Former Community Member
That is going to make it much more complicated. It can be done it is simply a matter of programming (SMOP). I suggest that you use Javascript instead of FormCalc as it will give you greater programatic control of the logic in your form. Make sure that you build your form as a dynamic form as you will need that to hide and show the subforms that you want. You will also need to create all subform possibilities in the form and have their presence as hidden and not invisible (invisble will take space on the page where as hidden does not).

You can use the Dynamic interactive purchase order sample as a guideline. It uses subforms and show and hide subforms.