Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Subform with Scroll bar

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have 20 text fields listed on a page (vertically) that the user fills in only if needed. The marjority of users will fill in less than 10 text fields.

Currently, the page size is extra long (more than an A4 length). Eventhough the user will not print this form out, I don't want it to be so long and the user to scroll down the whole pdf to get to the bottom where there is more to fill in.

How can I put the 20 text fields into a 'subform' which has a scroll bar and will only display the first 10 text fields.

The user can scroll down wihtin the text fields to enter more data into text fields 11-20

Thanks.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Subforms do not have scroll bars. The construct you are trying to achieve cannot be done. You could add a button that coudl move the cursor to the appropriate field. Use xfa.host.setFocus(Fieldname)

Former Community Member
It doesn't have to be in a subform. It can just be a box of some sort that will allow me to into about 20 textfields into it, and allow for a scroll bar where after 10 textfields, so that the page is not extra long.

Former Community Member
There is no object that hos that behaviour. The only way I can see you doing this is by combining everything into a single field (which makes no sense).