Expand my Community achievements bar.

SQL QPAC

Former Community Member
I am new to Workflow and I am trying to connect remotely to our own SQL database. I installed the driver on the machine running the adobe sandbox in the Jboss library directory. By reading the boot.log file, it appears the driver .jar file gets loaded when jboss starts. I also created a new datasource in the adobe-ds.xml file.<br /><br />Then I created a new SQL QPAC, using the old one as a model, and specified the connection to my database.<br /><br />When I run the workflow I get the following error (I can post the entire thing if need be, this is the first line):<br /><br />org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Apparently wrong driver class specified for URL: class: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver, url: jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://<servername>;DatabaseName=<dbname>); - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Apparently wrong driver class specified for URL: class: com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver, url: jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://<servername>;DatabaseName=<dbname>))<br /><br />Any help on getting my database connection working would be appreciated.<br /><br />PS. Since I am using the Sandbox, I also tried the Avoka SQL+ QPAC and had no success establishing a connection either.<br /><br />Thank You
6 Replies

Level 9
Hi Chris

From the stack trace, it appears that you have not set the server name or database name of the connection. You also need to create a new xxx-ds.xml file, rathern than reusing the adobe one.

You can find an example in: ...\Adobe\LiveCycle\jboss\docs\examples\jca\mssql-ds.xml

If you're using the Avoke SQLPlus qpac, then you must follow the instructions included in the zip file for configuring the Workflow Designer to add the SQLServer drivers to its classpath.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Thanks for the reply Howard.

I have created a new -ds.xml file as you suggested and I have also followed the directions in AddingJarsToTheDesignerClasspath.pdf, however I am still getting errors.

When I try to use the SQL+ Avoka QPAC, to test my connection I get a "can not find driver" exception. I have put the jar file from the driver I downloaded into the "extras" folder under the workflow designer directory as directed by the instructions.

My parameters for the connection are as follows:

Driver: com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver

(note: I also tried com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver as I has seen it this way in some documentation but this gave me an "unsuitable driver" error)

Connection URL: jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://myserver;DatabaseName=mydatabase

(note: You mentioned in your reply that I did not specify my servername and database name because it did not appear in the stack trace, in fact I had removed the servername and database name from the stacktrace for the posting)

Also, after making my modifications I restarted JBoss before testing them out.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Chris

Level 9
Hi

For the SQLPlus QPAC, putting the driver jar file in the extras directory is not enough - you have to start the Designer using a different tool. Please see the documentation with SQLPlus for details.

Howard

Former Community Member
I have read the document and followed the instructions. I use the exe created by the janel tool to start designer. The SQL+ QPAC does not work for me. Perhaps I have an incorrect driver? Could anyone direct me to the correct driver to use? I downloaded the latest from the microsoft website.

Former Community Member
I have solved my problem.

Apparently it was an SQL driver versioning issue.

Thanks for the help.

Former Community Member
Chris,

Can you provide any more information about the driver versioning issue you mentioned? ie where did you get the correct driver from? Thanks.

-chris