Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

SpyJMSException: Connection Failed

Former Community Member
Hi there,

as far as i can notice everything is working fine on the Workflow Server, Forms, Form Manager, ARES instaance. But in the log file (log4j-level DEBUG) and also in INFO i get the following periodically WARN message:

2006-03-17 10:15:49,108 WARN [org.jboss.mq.Connection] Connection failure:

org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Connection Failed; - nested throwable: (java.io.IOException: ping timeout.)

at org.jboss.mq.Connection.asynchFailure(Connection.java:429)

at org.jboss.mq.Connection$PingTask.run(Connection.java:1378)

at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.ClockDaemon$RunLoop.run(ClockDaemon.java:364)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: ping timeout.

at org.jboss.mq.Connection$PingTask.run(Connection.java:1370)

... 2 more

2006-03-17 10:16:49,325 WARN [org.jboss.mq.Connection] Connection failure:

org.jboss.mq.SpyJMSException: Connection Failed; - nested throwable: (java.io.IOException: ping timeout.)

at org.jboss.mq.Connection.asynchFailure(Connection.java:429)

at org.jboss.mq.Connection$PingTask.run(Connection.java:1378)

at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.ClockDaemon$RunLoop.run(ClockDaemon.java:364)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: ping timeout.

at org.jboss.mq.Connection$PingTask.run(Connection.java:1370)

... 2 more

I tried to fix it by disabling or changing the period for the incoming Email Requests in Email settings without any impact.

Has anybody an idea how to interpret this error and to which function it could be related to?

Thanks in Advance for any Remarks

Jens
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi,

I've always wanted to find out the meaning of this exception so hopefully some one can give us a detailed explanation. It happens on my laptop if I suspend - then restart while JBoss is running - or my IP address changes. Its annoying and normally I need to restart LiveCycle.

Philip

Avoka

Former Community Member
Hi Philip,

I tried to fix the problem with restarting the JBOSS server several times. Without any result or the message appeared after 2 hours finally again. LiveCycle Products are running with Win 2003 SE on a VMWare GSX Server. The server has a fixed ip address and was always online during the testing...

any suggestions?

Jens