Expand my Community achievements bar.

Simple calculation using input data

Former Community Member
Hello,

I know this has to be simple for most people in this forum but I have been trying to figure this out for many hours.

Here's what I am trying to do:

I created a numeric field that a user enters a number. I want this number to be multiplied by .475 and to appear in the same field.

In other words how do I use the inputed data for a calculation in the same field?

Thank you.
4 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Howard,

Try writing a script on the exit event of the numeric field. For example:

1. Select the numeric field.

2. In the Script Editor, select the exit event from the Show list. If the script editor is not opened, go to the Window menu and select Script Editor.

3. Type the following FormCalc script:

$ = 0.475 * $

Where $ is the value of the current field. If you prefer working in JavaScript, change the Language type to JavaScript and type the following script instead.

this.rawValue = 0.475 * this.rawValue;

4. Preview the form.

5. Type a value then exit the field.

Regards,

Hélène

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
Hello,

We're struggling over what I'm sure has a simple answer .... we want to count the number of fields in a column that have a value in them, ie. not null. Looking at the Help for the "Count" function is not very helpful, and playing with the limited examples is not working. Any thoughts ?

P.S. It's my first time in the forum .... I may have posted this question to an existing topic, rather than create a new topic. Apologies if that's the case!

Former Community Member
Hello

I have setup a financial reporting form which allows users to enter income/expediture and it sums up the totals.

I have only just realised that the numeric fields do not allow the decimal points to be shown. For example, you might enter $5.50, howevever it displays as $5.00 (rounds down). I have looked at the template forms already seup and cannot work out why it wouldn't work in my template.

Can you help?

Thanks

Emma