Expand my Community achievements bar.

Shrinking the size of the entry area in a field

Level 4
Hi all,

The only way I've found how to do this so far is by using the Margins, but this affects the caption size too.

Does anyone know of a better method?

Many thanks,

Tom
6 Replies

Former Community Member
There is a line that separates the Caption from the input field. If you move your cursor to this line (it will visibly change the cursor) you can adjust the size of both sides.

Level 4
Sorry, should have been more specific.

I am talking about the vertical size fo the entry area.

Former Community Member
You can control that in the paragraph palette. It is usually hidden by default. You can activate it on t he Window menu. Once active highlight the field you want to adjust. Then in the paragraph palette right below the tab an indictaor telling you what you are editing is present. Set it to Value only (by clickinng on the little right arrow icon beside it). Now you can set your indents and spacings accordingly. The trick is to make sure you have it set for value only.

Level 4
Nope, still not achieving what I want.

Quick bit of text art:

----------------------------------

|Caption goes on to| |

|two lines | |

|Caption goes on to|______________|

|two lines |

The first one is how it appears when I have text in the caption that goes on to 2 lines, the second one is how I want it to appear.

Paragraph allows me to change where you actually put the text in, but it doesn't change the visible layout. I have managed this with the margins, but it makes editing troublesome as it blocks out the second line of the caption in the editor (looks fine in preview as I made my sizes enough to keep the caption visible but shrink the box, but if I move the margin further up it does hide it)

Regards,

Tom

Level 4
---------------------------------------

|Caption goes on to..|............|

|two lines....................|............|

|Caption goes on to|______|

|two lines................................|

OK, imagine each "." as a blank space....