Highlighted

Show/Hide PDF and Print buttons trigger alerts in Workspace

Ryan_M__Jacobs

17-09-2008

I have a form which is being rendered as a form guide which was created using Designer's Guide Builder. When I load this in a process in workspace, it renders fine for the most part, however, the Show/Hide PDF and Print buttons do not function and instead display an alert :

defaultCallback:

msgId = -1

request = activateDocumentView

errorMessage = GeneralError: Operation failed.

parms = null

and

defaultCallback:

msgId = -1

request = printPDF

errorMessage = GeneralError: Operation failed.

parms = null

Any advice to find out what the problem is here?

Thanks,

Ryan

Replies

Highlighted

pguerett

17-09-2008

What script do you have on the buttons. My guess is that the script is calling a property or object that is not supported in the Guide.
Highlighted

Ryan_M__Jacobs

17-09-2008

I am not sure. In viewing the XML Source of the XDP file, I can only find the single encrypted element 'guides' which must be used to help generate the flex form guide.

To clarify, these buttons, as far as I can tell are standard control buttons (save,print,email pdf and show/hide pdf) that get created when rendering an XDP form as a Form Guide rather than PDF.

An interesting additional note is I am finding that these controls don't consistently render when viewing the Form Guide in workspace.
Highlighted

Ryan_M__Jacobs

22-09-2008

Paul -

Turns out the issue and inconsistencies were related to a corrupt LiveCycle ES install and were unrelated to the process and forms themselves. T

hanks for your input though.

Ryan