Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Setting up new datasource

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I am creating a process where I need to use an SQL2005 database - however I am not quite sure how to setup the datasource ( I still need to use the MySQL DB for the main datasource). How can I achieve this (where should I look for documentation - and if there are pitfalls could you point some of them out)?

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Kim
4 Replies

Level 4
Add the following XML fragment to your existing data source definition XML file in the \deploy folder:

<!-- Data Source Definition for Adobe LiveCycle ES -->

<local-tx-datasource>

<jndi-name>JNDI_name_in_your_code</jndi-name>

<connection-url>jdbc:sqlserver://192.150.23.6:1433;DatabaseName=lc_es</connection-url>

<driver-class>com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver</driver-class>

<user-name>lc_db_usr</user-name>

<password>password</password>

<min-pool-size>10</min-pool-size>

<max-pool-size>50</max-pool-size>

<blocking-timeout-millis>60000</blocking-timeout-millis>

<idle-timeout-minutes>15</idle-timeout-minutes>

<prepared-statement-cache-size>10</prepared-statement-cache-size>

<transaction-isolation>TRANSACTION_READ_COMMITTED</transaction-isolation>

<!-- corresponding type-mapping in the standardjbosscmp-jdbc.xml (optional) -->

<metadata>

<type-mapping>MS SQLSERVER2000</type-mapping>

</metadata>

</local-tx-datasource>

Level 4
Also make sure that the Microsoft JDBC driver JAR files for SQL Server 2005 are in your configuration's \lib folder

Level 8
Level 8
OK, does it matter whether it is a MSSQL Express or a full SQL SERVER that I am trying to connect to?

Sincerely

Kim

Level 8
Level 8
I found out what was wrong - you need to disable the "dynamic" ports on your SQLEXPRESS server. This is done under SQL Server Configurtion Manager -> SQL Server 2005 Network Configuration -> Protocols for SQLEXPRESS -> TCP/IP (must be enabled) -> Properties -> IP Addresses -> TCP Dynamic Ports (remove the value that is there and add 1433 as the "TCP Port".

This did it for me...

Sincerely

Kim