Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Setting the Access of a subform

Former Community Member

I'm trying to set the access of a subform based on the value of a checkbox in another subform.    In the change event of the checkbox, if the rawValue == 1, then I attempt to set the access of the second subform to "protected".  If the rawValue == 0, I set the access of the second subform to "open". 

What actually happens is that the access of the second subform is unchanged.   In fact, when I try to even display the value of the access attribute of the second subform from the change event of the checkbox, the value displays a s null.  What am I doing wrong?

Here's the code that sets the access:  ('this' is the checkbox.)

if  (this.rawValue == 1) {

parent.parent.subform2.access = "protected';

}

else {

parent.parent.subform2.access = "open";

}

The hierarchy is this:

Mainform

subform1

checkbox

subform2

< Other Objects>

Subform2 is a repeatable subform, so when I set the access to "protected", I also want to remove all instances except the first one. 

2 Replies

Former Community Member

First, what event are you coding against?

Second, I'd recommend removing parent references in this use case and point directly at the subform.

// form1.page1.subform1.cb::click - (JavaScript, client)

if (this.rawValue == 1) {

form1.page1.subform2.access = "protected";

}

else {

form1.page1.subform2.access = "open";

}

Steve

Former Community Member

I tried removing the parent references and specifically referencing the subform but it didnt' work.  However, I did find out how to do it from a co-worker.  Here's how.

In the checkbox change event of the checkbox  (this):

if (this.rawValue == 1) { //1

var i = 0;

var ref = xfa.resolveNode("MainForm.PageN.Subform[" + i + "]");

ref.TextField.rawValue = null;                         //  repeat these two lines

ref.TextField.access = "protected";                //   for every field you want to reset and set unavailable.

else {

ref.TextField.access = "open";                         // repeat this line for every field to set available.

}

I haven't figured out how to travel through the hierarchy to do this, so I will have to set the rawValue and access for each individual field.