Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.

Set "fillcolor" to "transparent" on preprint in a Form Based on an Imported PDF

Former Community Member
Hello,

there's been numerous topics on setting an object's (e.g. text field) attribute "fillcolor" to "transparent" (NOT to "255,255,255") after assigning it a (default) color for various reasons. All solutions implement a work-around by means of the "presence" attribute or similar.

The reason I explicitely need to set a text field back to transparent fillcolor is simple:

I have an imported PDF as a basis for my form. This PDF contains a table. I created text fields for every cell in the table.

Initially, all these fields have a blue background showing they can be edited/filled. In order for the color not to show on printouts, I have assigned the following javascript actions to all of them:

- preprint:

$.fillcolor="255,255,255"; // sets the color to white

- postprint:

$.fillcolor="190,190,255"; // reverts to original color (light blue)

This works fine except the lines of the imported PDF's original table don't show on the printout because the text fields are partly a little bigger than the table cells and thus cover them with their white background. It would be a lot of work to resize them all and make them accurate.

A very simple solution would be setting the fields' fillcolor to transparent on preprint instead of white. This would work if I didn't want them to be of a certain color initially before printing. After setting a textfield's fillcolor, there seems to be no way of removing it again.

Or is there?

Regards, Matt
0 Replies