Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

server side scripting

Former Community Member
Hi,

i'm using form server and try to run some server-side scripting. For test purposes i simpy want to add an item to a list box using Javascript. Script is triggered with click-event of simple button. In Documentation it is mentioned e.g. that a click event triggers server side srcipt execution. Furthermore it is mentioned that Form Server merges the result with Form on client automatically.

But nothing happens...

Has anybody an idea how to fix this?

thanks in advance

Jens
7 Replies

Former Community Member
What are you doing on the server side? I think you should just be doing a processFormSubmission() and then returning the output content to the browser.

H.

Former Community Member
Hello Hubert Billomanik,

is this processFormSubmission() an option for JavaScript? Do you have an example, even if it is in Java? Or maybe a hind where i can find mor information about that topic?

The problem is that the Form Developer of my company shouldn't have to code in Java. So i test wether it fits the conditions.

Thanks for your response

Jens

Former Community Member
processFormSubmission() is a method in the LC Forms API. If you aren't using LC Forms you should stick to writing client side script.

H.

Former Community Member
Chris,

What is this LC Forms that you mention? I am basicallly trying to do the same thing taht the original poster is attempting.

Thx

Former Community Member
LiveCycle Forms is a server side J2EE application that provides an API for dynamically rendering PDF's and processing them after submission among other things.

If you don't have LC Forms, you can't run server side scripts in the PDF since there is no server component.

http://www.adobe.com/products/server/formserver/main.html

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Chris,

Thanks for your response. One more question, do you know whether LC Designer supports connecting to a Postgress db, and if so, any tips on getting it to connect?