Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Sending notification email to a group which is under a local domain

Level 3
Hi,

I can assign tasks to local groups (under local domain, but people are from enterprise). But i cannot send email to these local groups. Send mail operation accepts only email address as input. Could you advice an easy way to do it. I tried FindGroupMembers operation, but it gives the error 'String length is wrong'.

I use LC 8.2

Thanks in advance

Sedat,
8 Replies

Level 10
Why don't you create a mailing list. You can assign that mailing list address to the group.

Jasmin

Level 3
When i give the local group name as an input to 'Send With Map of Attachments' operation, it doesnt resolve the group's email and sends.

Level 10
It won't. There's only one email address associated with a group.

That's why I suggest creating a mainling list.

Jasmin

Level 3
Jasmin,

I have a mailing list..Let's say address is list1@abc.com..

I have a group under a local domain..Let's say DEV\Group1..

I set list1@abc.com as the email address of Group1.

I set Group1 as an input fo To field of 'Send With Map of Attachments' operation. It fails to send. Did you get me right?

Level 10
If you look at the help for that service the TO field has to be set with the following: "A comma-separated list of email addresses."

This service doesn't resolve any user or group email address. You need to specifically put the email addresses in there.

Jasmin

Level 9
Hi

We have a component that will take a group name or id as input, and return a whole bunch of information about the group, including (tadaaahhh) a comma separated list of all the users in that group. It will even recurse and flatten groups, so if you have groups within groups, you'll get a single list of all users (and no repeats, even if someone exists in multiple groups).

Check out these resources.

Components (with downloads): http://www.avoka.com/avoka/escomponents.shtml

Docs: http://avoka.dnsalias.com/confluence/display/Public/Avoka+LiveCycle+ES+Components - click on "Lookup DSC"

Addons: http://www.avoka.com/avoka/addons.shtml

Hope this helps...

Howard

Former Community Member
Sedat

We have done this for many clients here at Cardinal. We wrote some SQL that queried all the email addresses for users under a specified group and specified (optionally) domain and returned the data as XML which is then used to create a comma-separated list of the email address.

We wrapped all that up in a component that accepts the following as input:

Group Name or ID

Domain Name or ID (optional)

Subject

Body (as either HTML or standard text)

The component then sends an email based on the above parameters (and some others that you can optionally specifiy such as a CC and/or BCC list and emails everyone within the group and (if specified) domain.

Let me know if you'd like more information as I'd be happy to help.

Josh Boyle

jboyle@cardinalsolutions.com

Cardinal Solutions Group

Level 4

This is slightly OT, but if you assign a task to a group of users, do you have to write a separate process to send the task notification.  Livecycle does not appear to send notifications to groups.