Expand my Community achievements bar.

Saving a form

Former Community Member
I have a question..Not sure if it is possible to do so or not. I have a form that I want to publish to our intranet. This would be a daily task of each user. I want the users (who have reader 8) to be able to enter the information and save the form. The following day when they pull up the form the info from the previous day needs to be there. Is there a way to do this? I dont think that they can save a form in reader, only blank copies. Is there a way to do this????
3 Replies

Former Community Member
You can save the form in Reader if you Reader Extend it. To get the data in it automatically you woudl have to serve it up from a server where LiceCycle can be used to merge the previous days data onto it before serving it up.

Former Community Member
So how do you reader extend it? Do I need to buy extra software on top of Livecycle Designer.

I seem to be able to create forms that save filled in text, but not information in tick boxes.

Former Community Member
Reader Extensions can be applied by a server based product in the LiveCycle suite (this would be full fuctionality) or you can apply a subset from Acrobat. The save data locally can be applied by Acrobat.

Check the binding tab of the check boxes and make sure they are set to Normal and not to None.