Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Samples - JOTM issue

Former Community Member
Guys,<br /><br />Trying desperately to get the samples working on tomcat6. After a few issues which are now resolved all the examples work apart from those using the data management facilities.<br /><br />I believe the problem is down to jotm. I've copied all the .jar files from the jotm download directory to tomcat/lib<br /><br />Any ideas?<br /><br />stack trace:<br /><br />stackTrace for: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError<br />org.objectweb.jotm.Current.<init>(Current.java:145)<br />org.objectweb.jotm.UserTransactionFactory.getObjectInstance(UserTransactionFactory.java:67)<br />org.apache.naming.factory.TransactionFactory.getObjectInstance(TransactionFactory.java:110)<br />javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getObjectInstance(NamingManager.java:304)<br />org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:793)<br />org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:140)<br />org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:781)<br />org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:153)<br />org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:137)<br />javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:392)<br />flex.data.DataServiceTransaction.doBegin(DataServiceTransaction.java:836)<br />flex.data.DataServiceTransaction.begin(DataServiceTransaction.java:807)<br />flex.data.DataService.serviceTransactedMessage(DataService.java:705)<br />flex.data.DataService.serviceMessage(DataService.java:429)<br />flex.messaging.MessageBroker.routeMessageToService(MessageBroker.java:1165)<br />flex.messaging.endpoints.AbstractEndpoint.serviceMessage(AbstractEndpoint.java:757)<br />flex.messaging.endpoints.rtmp.AbstractRTMPServer.dispatchMessage(AbstractRTMPServer.java:888)<br />flex.messaging.endpoints.rtmp.NIORTMPConnection$RTMPReader.run(NIORTMPConnection.java:424)<br />edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:665)<br />edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:690)<br />java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Steve
1 Reply

Level 3
Sorry Steve,

I don't know whether the JOTM project has active support lists or forums but I'd recommend just testing using a simple JSP page that tries to access the current UserTransaction. Once you get Tomcat and JOTM configured and working properly based on successful execution of your JSP then you'll be good to go, but the JOTM and Tomcat docs are probably your best option.

Good luck,

Seth