Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

RunTime Error and Xml Source

Former Community Member
Hi,

When I try to view the xml source of my form, I have a runtime error c++ and Designer crashes. It doesn't happen on all my forms. Has my form to many scripts or objects ? Or Is my development environment not appropriate to work correctly ?

I develop with Windows XP 2GO ram, Livecycle ES JBOSS Turnkey installation.

Thanks for any advice.
13 Replies

Former Community Member
Does this only happen on that one form or on every form?

Former Community Member
I try with a simple form and there was no runtime error. It happens with this form (in different versions) and an other based on it.

Former Community Member
So there is something with that form ..can you post it to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look.

Former Community Member
Hello,

I think so too. I have send my form to you just now.

Thanks

Former Community Member
Hello!

I have the same problem in two different forms. This didn't happen at the beginning, but as more I do "copy and paste" on the fields, the form has become slow on opening and I cannot see the XML source.

Details when I got the error:

AppName: formdesigner.exe

AppVer: 8.2.1.3144 ModName: kernel32.dll

ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512 Offset: 00012aeb

Thanks for help!

Diego

Former Community Member
Can you send the forms to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will look into it. Also give me a brief description of the issue in the email.

Former Community Member
Paul, I am also having the same problem on a Risk Assessment forms that I have made. The file size was about 798 and when I placed many of the main repeated items on a Mast Page it seemed to stop, then it started again today.

Bill G

Former Community Member
Note sure what you are referring to ..can you elaborate?

Former Community Member
Hello Paul,

Thank you for your help, but the project that I'm working on I'm unable to send to you the PDF file, for security policies reason.

The form has 11 pages and trying to solve the problem I deleted 10 pages. So now I can see the XML Source but I found a weird thing:

in a Decimal Field, I found up to 65.000 occurrences of
instead of just one. What is it mean?

Is there another way to see the XML source?

Diego

Level 4
Hi Diego,

I noticed this on my form and googled it. Seems to be some sort of bug. I've tested removing all but 1 instance of "
" every time it appears in multiples and my form still works, though I've noticed more of them appearing so I'll be going through when I've finished and removing them again!

Former Community Member
Hi Thomas,

Wow! What a mess!

As I said, my form has 11 pages, and I analyzed one by one and at the end the total was about ONE million occurrences of this "
".

1.000.000 for 11 pages form?

That's why my form was too slow when opening in Reader, so I removed all these occurrences and BINGO! Now works good!

Diego

Level 4
A million? Thats way above mine, I was only on about 10,000 and back up to 1,000 of them now judging by my line count.

Tom

Former Community Member
Sorry, I posted a new thread, I hadn't seen this one.

I have the same problem. My form crashes, I can't do anything, neither seeing the XML code. I managed to copy a table to another form and the XML code has thousands of repeated lines:

How can I solve this mess with my main form? I can't edit the XML code!