Expand my Community achievements bar.

Rights Management

Level 2

Well I phoned adobe UK today to try and ask some questions about the purchase of the rights management extensions and have not experienced such poor customer support, ever, in my life! I had asked for e-mail contact before now and had zilch response.

Rang the number and told 'we are experiencing long queues' fair enough, waited nearly an hour, explained my query and told to ring back and ask for volume licensing dept. Rang back, told of queue, waited another hour and told I needed to be transferred to sales, waited another hour and then told I needed to be transferred to Livecycle team. That's 3 hours of listening to the worst music I've ever heard and still no answers.

Come on Adobe UK, this is rubbish, shareware support is better than that!!!

Anyway, let's see if I can get an answer here.

I have developed a suite of forms that will be used in the Further Education sector in the UK and have found that controlling them is limited when using LC-ES. I would like to be able to issue the forms with a certificate that expires after one year and allow data to be exported using reader. I think I'm right in saying that this can be done using the rights management extensions? I also know that a form can only be issued or copied 500 times, this will need to be addressed in the long term and I seem to remember reading somewhere that rights management may allow this too.

What I would like to know is the following...

1. How much does the Right Management Extension cost?

2. Will it allow me to enable data extraction from the forms (to xml or txt) when users open them in reader?

3. Can the forms be issued directly to the user or does it have to be place on and then downloaded from an adobe server?

4. Can I issue a form with an expiry date built in to it via a certificate?

5. Why do adobe keep the prices of these extension so secret?

Any help very much appreciated.

Sean Hepburn

1 Reply

Former Community Member

You will want to talk to the Sales Team in the UK as you may qualify for Educational discounts. Support usually does not handle sales queries. Try calling the UK office directly and ask for a LiveCycle Sales person:

United Kingdom: 0800 028 0148
Outside the UK +44 208 606 1297

Paul