Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Retrieving Page Count on an Assembled Document

Not applicable
I need to be able to retrieve the number of pages in a PDF returned from the Assembler Service. I can retrieve the com.adobe.idp.Document object, but it does not have a getPageCount() method.

I need something similar to what the Forms service has, the FormsResult object has a getPageCount() method, but the AssemblerResult does not.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

Karl.
2 Replies
Not applicable
The way to do this is to add a following result block to return information in XML format about the document you created.

For example, in your DDX you would have a PDF result block followed by a DocumentInformation result block where the PDF source is the PDF result from the previous result block:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<DDX xmlns="http://ns.adobe.com/DDX/1.0">

<PDF result="out.pdf">

... other ddx elements ...

</PDF>

<DocumentInformation

source="out.pdf"

result="out-docinfo.xml"

/>

</DDX>

You would then obtain the "out-docinfo.xml" document from the AssemblerResult object and use the docinfo.xsd schema, installed with LiveCycle, to obtain the content of the <NumPages> element.

Notes:

1) all documents returned by Assembler are of type idp.Document, even when they contain XML content.

2) the DDX Reference Guide contains a description of the DocInfo schema (Document Information Language).
Not applicable
JK,

That's spot on, thanks for the information, appreciate it

Cheers,

Karl.