Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Referencd PDF Attachment

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have a PDF generated in LiveCycle form, which may or may not contain an attached PDF file.

Our problem is that our end users are not that literate and we need to make it blindingly obvious when one of these forms contains attachments.

When the form is opened, I would like to include some scripting to reference whether on not there is an attachment in the document and show/hide a subform which contacts an explanation for the users that there is an attachment and that they need to click the paper clip icon to access this.

Alternatively I would like to be able to force Reader to open with the Attachment window visible but I don't know if this is possible either.

Thanks

James
6 Replies

Level 5
James:

Give this a look:

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c062847/0

It can be the basis for identifying if there are attachments. If so you can use app.alert("... ") to tell the user to look for them.

Good Luck

Mark

Former Community Member
Thanks Mark,

This looks like it will do the trick. My on;y question would be how could this be tested in Designer? How do I get an attachment stored against the XDP to verify the code (N.B As I am only doing a small check, I will test the code by running the process against this form for the moment) but if I wanted to do more complex logic against PDF attachments, how would I do this/

Thanks

James

Level 5
James:

I guess I am not sure.

Perhaps someone else will join in here.

Sorry.

Mark

Former Community Member
Post your email address and I will send you a sample that shows how to deal with attatchments.

Former Community Member
Paul,

I am interested in seeing your samples dealing with attachments. Could you please send them to me? Here is my email: dnollatut(at)yahoo.com

Thanks for your help,

Daniel