Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Reader still cannot save fillable forms

Former Community Member
I'm using LiveCycle Designer to create a fillable form that I wish to have sent back to me as a pdf or for the user to save the completed form locally. I have "Enabled Usage Rights in Adobe Reader" under the advanced tab. However, when I send the fillable form to my users with reader, sometimes they cannot even fill in the form because it says that the form has been altered since the rights were enabled(which it hasn't) and at other times, they can fill out the form and save it, but the saved file is just a blank form(They're not choosing Save a Copy). I do not wish to use LifeCycle ES Reader Extension because this is a small venture and I don't technically have a server I can access. Can someone give me some clue as to what I might still be doing wrong?
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Extending the form using Acrobat like you described should be all that you need to do. Which version of Reader are the users using? Do you have any script that changes the appearance of the form?

Former Community Member
Sorry.. I thought I replied to this message earlier. Apparently not. In any event, Adobe Reader 9 is being used. There is no script that changes the appearance of the form as far as I'm aware. I downloaded a form from the form gallery.. and enabled the usage rights and then emailed it to myself. When I opened it on my laptop, it told me that the document had been altered since it had been saved(which it hadn't) and wouldn't let me fill in the form or save it.

Former Community Member
Can you send the form to livecycle8@gmail.com and I will have a look.

Which version is being used to apply the rights?

Former Community Member
Hello Mr. Gurette,

How did you resolve this issue? I have some issue with non-saving fillable forms.

Thanks,

Michael

Former Community Member
I do not remember ....describe your issue and we will see what we can do.