Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Reader Extensions Server 7 API Troubles...

Former Community Member
I used the example code for a simple unlock. When I try to access my Servlet I get java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/adobe/document/pdf/CredentialLoginFailure. Do I need to put some library somewhere that I don't have documentation for? I am running ARES 7.0 on Windows 2000 under JBoss 3.2.5. TIA.

The error is:

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Error instantiating servlet class com.devx.example.ExtendReaderServlet

org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:72)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JBossSecurityMgrRealm.invoke(JBossSecurityMgrRealm.java:275)

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)

org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/adobe/document/pdf/CredentialLoginFailure

java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)

java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1618)

java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:1930)

java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:278)

java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:261)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:72)

org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JBossSecurityMgrRealm.invoke(JBossSecurityMgrRealm.java:275)

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)

org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:799)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:705)

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:577)

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:683)

java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
7 Replies

Former Community Member
Did Reader Extension Server 7.0 install correctly? Are other operations working or just the simple unlock? CredentialLoginFailure sounds like it cannot access the digital certificate.

Former Community Member
It installed fine and works fine. This error is when it tries to initialize a servlet that I wrote (and it doesn't even get to the first line of code).

Former Community Member
I mean, it sounds like there is a library missing:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/adobe/document/pdf/CredentialLoginFailure

Former Community Member
I copied the SDK libraries into lib on the server and it seemed to fix the problem (I did some other stuff too so I don't know if that was the problem).

Former Community Member
Hi David,

I am facing a simlar error and unable to find a resolution. Could you please let me know in details how you made it work. If possible, could you please share your code?

Thnaks and regards,

Shiv.

Former Community Member
Like I said:

I copied the SDK libraries into lib on the server and it seemed to fix the problem (I did some other stuff too so I don't know if that was the problem).

That was as much as I did on the problem. I didn't go back and analyze if anything but the missing libraries was the problem.

Former Community Member
I ran into the same problem too. The problem can be pinpointed to samples\simple\readerextensions\enablerights\servlet.java

Search for:

Credential credential =

new Credential("myusagerights", "password".getBytes());

That's the default credential used. Change it to a valid credential and rebuild livecycle-samples.ear, then re-deploy.

-dyu