Expand my Community achievements bar.

Reader Extended PDF - Can I still make changes in Designer?

Former Community Member
Hello,

We have Reader Extensions (along with various other LiveCycle products, but I don't think that matters here).

Everytime I wanted to update the form in Designer, I go back to my original form, make the changes, Apply the Reader Extensions to it, then save that extended form as a new file. I was wondering if that was all necessary?

So, once I apply reader extensions to my form, can I open this form back up within Designer and make changes to it and still have the Reader Extensions in place for that form?

I'm getting lost in documentation right now.

Thank you,

Jennifer
3 Replies

Former Community Member
We you open a PDF in Designer it extracts the XDP portion and throws away the rest. So the short answer is no since the actually PDF portion is thrown out and regenerated the next time you save out of Designer.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Sorry for the late reply - thanks for answering my question!

-Jennifer

Former Community Member
Hi..

I want to apply reader extensions to my xdp file since it calls a webservice (gets user details on lookup of his user id).since this is the init form for my workflow,i need it to be xdp.

Is there any way to apply reader extensions to xdp?

or Is it necessary that only xdp file needs to be present in a form variable in the workflow for it to work?

Regards,

Raghava Kumar VSS