Expand my Community achievements bar.

re-display repeating XML data in dynamic form

Former Community Member
I have a dynamic form with repeating data in my XML that populates it. I need to display the repeating data in one of 2 different ways, depending on which business segment the user viewing it is associated with. I have tried 2 ways to accomplish this, neither has worked for me.

Attempt 1: Create 2 separate subforms and hide the one that should not be shown. The first subform in the layout displays just fine and is populated with records, but the second subform never displays any records. This appears to be an issue with the XML node already having been parsed and displayed and does not get displayed again. Is there a way to move the cursor, or pointer, or whatever you call it in XML-speak back to the top of a repeating node to re-display data?

Attempt 2: Create a single subform that contains 2 other subforms - one for each view, which lay atop each other. A script command hides the view the shouldn't be displayed. The problem I ran into here is that the records don't display properly. In my example, there are 3 records in the repeating section, the first displays fine, the second is missing some fields and is pulling some data from the first record. The third record displays no data at all. I deleted the one of the 2 subforms and previewed the form again, now all of the records displayed just as they should.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chad
0 Replies