Expand my Community achievements bar.

Attention: Experience League Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, August 20th between 10-11 PM PDT. During this time, the Community and its content will not be accessible. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Radio Buttons Defaulting to YES when form is saved

Former Community Member
Hello, I'm researching a problem a user has informed me of, and I haven't seen this topic listed anywhere, nor have I been able to figure out why the problem is happening.

My form has 5 radio button exclusion groups, each with a YES or NO selection.

When the form is saved with a selection of NO for each group then re-opened, the selected value has changed to YES for all but the first group.

Anyone have an idea why this is happening?
2 Replies

Former Community Member
Is there any script on the form that could be changing the values after loading?

As a test, add a button on the form and use this code on the click event:

xfa.host.exportData();

When the button is clicked, it will allow the user to choose a filename to save the data into (it will have an XDP extension). Once it is saved change the extension to XML and open it in your browser. Check and see that those button groups are being set. If they are not it could be that they are not bound correctly. Check to see if the Binding is set to none (if so you are excluding these from your data).

Hope that helps.

Former Community Member
The problem was with the binding Paul, thank you. None of the values were set.