Expand my Community achievements bar.

"Submit" button only works once with Outlook Express

Former Community Member
Hi, I have a problem with creating a form in Designer 7.0. This one is bouncing back and forward to Adobe Level 3 support with no resolution so as I need to get this form out I thought I'd try here.

I have been following the exact instructions in the Tutorial which uses the "Corporate Picnic" form example (From Help - Quick Start Tutorial 1.

I follow the instructions to create the sample form then test it in the PDF Preview Panel.

First time I use the "Submit by Email" button it works fine

(1)

- Select "Desktop Email Application"

- Respond to message "Send Data File"

- Email message from outlook express comes up WITH FULL EMAIL HEADER

(From: To: Cc: Bcc: Subject : Attach: containing the XML - This is

important to note - see later)

- Send Message places it in the "Outbox" ready to send and I get an "Email Confirmation" message

I then click "Submit by Email" again. This time the following happens

(2)

- Select "Desktop Email Application"

- Respond to message "Send Data File"

- Email message from outlook express comes up WITH PARTIAL EMAIL

HEADER

(To: Cc: Subject : The XML attachment appears in a separate area

below the message TXT containing the XML)

- Send Message gives the "Email Confirmation" message but No Message is sent to the "Outbox".

The same happens using the form in Adobe Acrobat Professional.

If I close and open the form, I cannot send (i.e. I get result labelled (2))

Opening and Closing "Designer" does not solve the problem - I need to start the system again, when I get result (1) followed by (2) above.

This happens using a simple form with just the "Submit" button. On suggestion from Adobe I have tried it with the Virus Checker, Spam Checker and Firewall turned off. Adobe Support are baffled and can find nothing wrong with the forms.

Has anyone else come across this one? I am thinking of trying an uninstall/reinstall of Acrobat, Designer and Outlook Express. Any ideas if this could work.

I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Many thanks

Neil Chambers

Enscott Ltd
2 Replies

Former Community Member
I have the same problem. The only difference is that when i hit the submit button for the second time the message is coming up in outlook 2000 and not in my outlook 'express' 2000. I noticed that when i upload the form to the web and access it i still have the same problem when you hit the submit button for the second time but when you close the browser window and access the form location again the first time you hit the button everything works fine again. so no reboot or program restart nescesary

All in all this thing is very annoying when you're testing the form and limits the ways in which you could use the form functionality of adobe acrobat proffessional.

I hope someone fixes this.