Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Question regarding Content Root Path

Former Community Member
I have a question. i am trying to save a form to the local directory. As far as i know about LiveCYcle, we can just put the path in content root about where we want to route the form right? when i put repository the form is saved onto the server but when i put local directory path like c:/temp/ it doesnt works . Any suggestion
6 Replies

Level 10
You would need to use the 'Write Document' operation of the File Utilities service to write the file to the file system.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hi Jasmin

Thanks So you mean instead of using Archive document, i should use write document??

Former Community Member
Hey Jasmin

I used the write document utility but still i cannot send the form to the local directory.?.What do i need to write in the content root directory. I write there as c:\\

Level 10
put the fulle path (c:\youfile.pdf) in the 'PathName Pattern'

and the variable that contains the PDF in the 'Document' parameter.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hi Jasmin

yes i have done that but what should i write in the content toor directory which comes with genratepdf service?. Like if i have to save it on server i will write repository// what if i want to save it on local drive

Level 10
The Content Root URI is the source where the form templates will be loaded from to create the PDF. It has nothing to do with the location where the PDF will be stored.

Once the PDF is created, you can save it in a document variable and then use the Write Document from the File Utilities service to write it to the file system.

Jasmin