Expand my Community achievements bar.

Processing documents via Watched Folder

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm considering integrating my system with PDF Generator, Assembler and Document Security. Documents size forced me to use Watched Folder integration option, but I'm not sure how the server will manage the documents storaged in those folders.

My main doubt is the following: in case many documents arrive at the same time to the folder, will they be processed in parallel or secuencially. My concern is that one document will have to wait until previous documents have been already processed. Is that the way it works?

Thanks in advance,

Jorge Ortiz
4 Replies

Former Community Member
If you have multiple documents you may use a folder and then drop that folder into the input folder of the watched folder

Or you may consider increasing the batch size of the configured watched folder

Former Community Member
But my question is regarding how the documents will be processed, secuencially o concurrently. I'll have many clients accesing the server througth this watched folder method and I wouldn't like a client had to wait until other's processes finish.

Former Community Member
The jobs will be processed concurrently. Which, btw, means it is possible to overload the server...

Level 4
Hi,

I have a question about dropping a folder into a watched folder.

Is it possible to retrieve the folder-name of the folder dropped in to the watched folder?

Regards,

RonnyR