Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Problems populating from a .mdb data source.

Former Community Member
I have reviewed all of the information available in the forums, and online regarding data connections. I have managed to properly secure my data source and create a DSN for it. This removes the dreaded "environment is not trusted" error message, but now that I have the data connection in place I still cannot populate my form from the data source.

My data is a list of our Customers with Phone, Address, Fax, etc. I would like to select the customer name using a drop down box, then have the rest of the information populate from there. Unfortunately, when I make the Customer Name field a drop down box, the pdf preview just beeps at me when I click the down arrow. I have the binding and data connection in place. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

Greg Mitchell

Chadwick Inc.
5 Replies

Former Community Member
When you drop the Data Drop-down List onto the form (from the Custom tab in the Library), the DDL that it adds has script associated with it, and you need to edit that script.. have you done that?<br /><br />These three lines in particular:<br /><br />var sDataConnectionName = "<value>"; // example - var sDataConnectionName = "MyDataConnection";<br />var sColHiddenValue = "<value>"; // example - var sColHiddenValue = "MyIndexValue";<br />var sColDisplayText = "<value>"; // example - var sColDisplayText = "MyDescription"<br /><br />You need to put in the name of your data connection, the name of a key column (like "id"), and the name of the column to use for the text in the list. <br /><br />Try that if you haven't already..<br /><br />--<br />SteveX<br />Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
Stevex,

I have edited the script as instructed in the Help file. In fact, the proper data appears within the dropdown list at run time. The problem is that the other fields associated with the customer selected from the drop down list (address, city, state, etc.) don't populate.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greg Mitchell

Former Community Member
Hello !!

I encountered the same problem as ghmitchell1 and I did not resolve it.

please help

Former Community Member
If I recall this does take a little work... You need to bind the proper fields to there location and then upon the drop down-list changing its values do a bind based on the value selected. If u have not resolved this issue I can create an example pdf later today.

Level 1

I am having a similar problem.  Can anyone help, perhaps by creating a sample PDF?

Thanks!