Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problems converting DOC files in watched folder

Former Community Member
Hi, <br /><br />Have a couple of issues with PDFG: <br /><br />We have managed to configure PDF generator and can view the AdminUI screens. However, when we place a word document in the IN folder, the OUT folder log displays the following message: <br />-----------<br />Failed to process job <file> <br />Error Code 1 009 <br />Reason : The service to convert the document could not be looked up. <br />-----------<br />The watched folder as well as services are on local drives. <br /><br />We get the same error when we use the AdminUI > 'create PDF' section to upload a doc/text file. However, we can right-click on a word document and convert it into a PDF. <br /><br />Both the JBoss and MySQL services are running. <br />We also notice that the JBoss service takes a long time (> 1 hr) to start up. <br /><br />Our only requirement is to convert DOC files in watched folder to PDFs. <br />Is there any way to speed up the service startup time? <br /><br />Regards, <br />Nagaraj
6 Replies

Former Community Member
Was PDFG installed AFTER Office? And was it installed with teh same user credentials that installed Office?

As for the time to start, 1 hour is excessive, on an average machine, if you only have PDFG installed, it shouldn't take anywhere near that long. What part of the startup process it taking long? What version of the JDK do you have installed?

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
Hi Chris,

- Yes. PDFG was installed on machine having an Office2003 install.

- Yes. The same user credentials were used for Office and PDFG.

- PDFG is not the only application installed. However, both memory/processor utilization were < 50% throughout the JBoss service process. The JBoss service stays on the "starting" mode for a long time.

- We have installed JDK 1.4.2_08

Regards,

Nagaraj

Former Community Member
This could happen if you are running Jboss as windows service.Try starting jboss from the command line

Former Community Member
Hello Nagaraj,

have you found a solution to your problem? I have the same problems, also with converting rich-text into PDF. Any help would be really appreciated.

Regards, Karin

Former Community Member
I have the same problem.

When I start Jboss manually (run -c all), all goes well and the documents are generated. When I try to use the service, it will not work.

The error in Jboss log is: pdfgen.exe: Unable to set up WS ACE.