Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem with wrapping text

Former Community Member
Hey all,

I am creating a new file that has several lines in where people can type text...however if my people reach the end of the page they are still able to type away...eventually having everything go off-screen where you can't read it or print. It is designated by that little black + that there is more text to read.

What I would like is to have every individual line have some sort of WordWrap on to ensure that users cannot type beyond a designated area.

Is this possible?

Thanks
3 Replies

Former Community Member
I have the same problem, and have yet to find a solution. Let me know if you get any helpful feed back.

Former Community Member
Blades and KCF - You'll need to look up how to "expand text to fit", using subforms and setting your text field parameters to expand. If you properly set this up, your text will continue to flow down the page as it should....avoiding those frustrating little "+" signs.

Text field, set to allow multiple lines and in the layout tab, the Y: axis is set to expand. Wrap this text field in a subform (either positioned or flowed, just ensure that the Y: axis in the layout tab is set to expand). Jump to your PDF preview tab and test it out....should work for you now.

Former Community Member
Gretchen, Thanks for your help with this. I had set the text field to allow multiple lines and it seemed to work. I tried to check under the Y axis to expand to fit but it won't let me. I'm not sure why but I'm assuming that's why I still have the problem of the plus sign, because although you can see what the person writes for the first two lines, when it prints it still prints the plus sign.

Do you know why it may not allowing me to check the expand to fit under the Y axis?