Highlighted

Problem with schema binding

Badri_Lakshmina

Badri_Lakshmina

Badri_Lakshmina

08-01-2009

Hi,

I have a XML schema which contains aggregates and elements with a "." (period) in between element names, like "com.Fax_Number". When I try to bind these elements to text fields in a form, the "default binding" shows up like "x.y.z.com\.Fax_Number". When I pass in an XML with a value for the "com.Fax_Number" field, the value get displayed in the form and if I change the value in the form, the changed value appears in the submitted XML. But, if the input XML does not contain the "com.Fax_Number" element, the text field shows as empty. If I type in a value and submit, the "com.Fax_Number" element is not getting generated and the value I typed is lost.

This is happening only with fields that have a "." in the name. The other fields are coming up in the XML even if the Input XML did not contain the elements.

Can somebody help?

Thanks,

Badri.

Replies

Highlighted

pguerett

Total Posts

(val/1000)?string[".0"]}K

Correct Answer

pguerett

Total Posts

(val/1000)?string[".0"]}K

Correct Answer

pguerett

09-01-2009

Dots are used to separate nodes in the hierarchy. If you put a dot in your field name then the product will get very confused. Can you change your name to use an underscore instead of a dot?
Highlighted

Badri_Lakshmina

Badri_Lakshmina

Badri_Lakshmina

09-01-2009

I thought so. Thanks for confirming this, Paul.

Thanks,

Badri.