Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Problem with schema binding

Badri_Lakshmina
Level 2
Level 2
Hi,

I have a XML schema which contains aggregates and elements with a "." (period) in between element names, like "com.Fax_Number". When I try to bind these elements to text fields in a form, the "default binding" shows up like "x.y.z.com\.Fax_Number". When I pass in an XML with a value for the "com.Fax_Number" field, the value get displayed in the form and if I change the value in the form, the changed value appears in the submitted XML. But, if the input XML does not contain the "com.Fax_Number" element, the text field shows as empty. If I type in a value and submit, the "com.Fax_Number" element is not getting generated and the value I typed is lost.

This is happening only with fields that have a "." in the name. The other fields are coming up in the XML even if the Input XML did not contain the elements.

Can somebody help?

Thanks,

Badri.
2 Replies
pguerett
Level 10
Level 10
Dots are used to separate nodes in the hierarchy. If you put a dot in your field name then the product will get very confused. Can you change your name to use an underscore instead of a dot?
Badri_Lakshmina
Level 2
Level 2
I thought so. Thanks for confirming this, Paul.

Thanks,

Badri.