Problem with e-mail button and Lotus Notes

27-10-2008

I've checked the forums, but can't find any mention of this problem. Anyone have any ideas?<br /><br />- - - - -<br /><br />My unit have Acrobat Pro 9 and LC ES 8.2, along with Lotus Notes 6.5.5 (Windows XP SP2). Whenever we try to add an e-mail submit button to a Pro or Designer form, the e-mail is created with extra text in the To line.<br /><br />For the Pro 9/Designer 8.2 buttons, the generated email looks like:<br />TO: xxxxx@judiciary.state.nj.usThe attached file contains data that was entered into a form. It is not the form itself.<br /><br />The recipient of this data file should save it locally with a unique name. Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 or later can process this data by importing it back into the blank form or creating a spreadsheet from several data files. See Help in Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 or later for more details.<br />xxxxx@judiciary.state.nj.us<br /><br />SUBJECT: <comes in as typed on e-mail submit button panel><br />BODY: <no text, execpt user's signature, with PDF attachement at the end. The PDF does have data in it.<br /><br />For the Pro 8 buttons, the generated email looks like:<br />TO: xxxxx@judiciary.state.nj.usForm Returned: ~4364428.pdf<br /><br />The attached file is the filled-out form. Please open it to review the data.<br /><br />SUBJECT: Form Returned: ~4364428.pdf<br />BODY: <no text, except user's signature, with PDF attached at end of email. PDF does have data in it><br /><br />Reference:<br />I have tried using a "standard" submit via e-mail button in both Pro and Designer. I have also created a plain button then added in the submit, and mailto: information. I checked the forums, and I am creating the buttons correctly. <br /><br />No matter the way I create the button, or edit the XML, or send data as XML or PDF, I am still seeing the same error messages.<br /><br />I have Adobe Reader Extensions Server, but I see the same message regardless of extensions (without, with ARES, with Pro 9).<br /><br />Oh, and we had seen a repeating address in Pro 7 & 8 with Lotus Notes 5&6. That's probably why the address repeats in the first example above. We used to get around that by putting a comma at the end of the button's specified e-mail address. The comma seems to have no impact in Pro 9/LC 8.2.<br /><br />Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

Boost 500
Level 10
pguerett
Level 10

612 likes

Total Posts

7,689 posts

Correct reply

692 solutions
Top badges earned
Boost 500
Boost 50
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 250
View profile

Boost 500
Level 10
pguerett
Level 10

612 likes

Total Posts

7,689 posts

Correct reply

692 solutions
Top badges earned
Boost 500
Boost 50
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 250
View profile
pguerett
Level 10

27-10-2008

It looks like the iinterface to Notes Mail does not behave the same as other mail systems. Can you try using a regular button and adding this code?

event.target.mailDoc({

bUI: true,

cTo: "To address",

cCC: "cc address",

cSubject: "This is the subject",

cMsg: "This is the body"

});

Boost 500
Level 10
pguerett
Level 10

612 likes

Total Posts

7,689 posts

Correct reply

692 solutions
Top badges earned
Boost 500
Boost 50
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 250
View profile

Boost 500
Level 10
pguerett
Level 10

612 likes

Total Posts

7,689 posts

Correct reply

692 solutions
Top badges earned
Boost 500
Boost 50
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 250
View profile
pguerett
Level 10

27-10-2008

It looks like the iinterface to Notes Mail does not behave the same as other mail systems. Can you try using a regular button and adding this code to the click event?

event.target.mailDoc({

bUI: true,

cTo: "To address",

cCC: "cc address",

cSubject: "This is the subject",

cMsg: "This is the body"

});

Level 1
charlotte_vn
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct reply

0 solutions
View profile

Level 1
charlotte_vn
Level 1

0 likes

Total Posts

1 post

Correct reply

0 solutions
View profile
charlotte_vn
Level 1

07-09-2009

Same problem as Angela_Watson: the mailto function on both e-mail button and standard button prints out two identical mail addresses in the to field in Lotus Notes. name@domain.comname@domain.com I see several posts on the subject, but no solution that works for me. Did anyone find a more elegant workaround than adding a comma?

Thanks in advance!

Charlotte