Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem with e-mail button and Lotus Notes

Former Community Member
I've checked the forums, but can't find any mention of this problem. Anyone have any ideas?<br /><br />- - - - -<br /><br />My unit have Acrobat Pro 9 and LC ES 8.2, along with Lotus Notes 6.5.5 (Windows XP SP2). Whenever we try to add an e-mail submit button to a Pro or Designer form, the e-mail is created with extra text in the To line.<br /><br />For the Pro 9/Designer 8.2 buttons, the generated email looks like:<br />TO: xxxxx@judiciary.state.nj.usThe attached file contains data that was entered into a form. It is not the form itself.<br /><br />The recipient of this data file should save it locally with a unique name. Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 or later can process this data by importing it back into the blank form or creating a spreadsheet from several data files. See Help in Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 or later for more details.<br />xxxxx@judiciary.state.nj.us<br /><br />SUBJECT: <comes in as typed on e-mail submit button panel><br />BODY: <no text, execpt user's signature, with PDF attachement at the end. The PDF does have data in it.<br /><br />For the Pro 8 buttons, the generated email looks like:<br />TO: xxxxx@judiciary.state.nj.usForm Returned: ~4364428.pdf<br /><br />The attached file is the filled-out form. Please open it to review the data.<br /><br />SUBJECT: Form Returned: ~4364428.pdf<br />BODY: <no text, except user's signature, with PDF attached at end of email. PDF does have data in it><br /><br />Reference:<br />I have tried using a "standard" submit via e-mail button in both Pro and Designer. I have also created a plain button then added in the submit, and mailto: information. I checked the forums, and I am creating the buttons correctly. <br /><br />No matter the way I create the button, or edit the XML, or send data as XML or PDF, I am still seeing the same error messages.<br /><br />I have Adobe Reader Extensions Server, but I see the same message regardless of extensions (without, with ARES, with Pro 9).<br /><br />Oh, and we had seen a repeating address in Pro 7 & 8 with Lotus Notes 5&6. That's probably why the address repeats in the first example above. We used to get around that by putting a comma at the end of the button's specified e-mail address. The comma seems to have no impact in Pro 9/LC 8.2.<br /><br />Any help would be appreciated!
3 Replies

Former Community Member
It looks like the iinterface to Notes Mail does not behave the same as other mail systems. Can you try using a regular button and adding this code?

event.target.mailDoc({

bUI: true,

cTo: "To address",

cCC: "cc address",

cSubject: "This is the subject",

cMsg: "This is the body"

});

Former Community Member
It looks like the iinterface to Notes Mail does not behave the same as other mail systems. Can you try using a regular button and adding this code to the click event?

event.target.mailDoc({

bUI: true,

cTo: "To address",

cCC: "cc address",

cSubject: "This is the subject",

cMsg: "This is the body"

});

Level 1

Same problem as Angela_Watson: the mailto function on both e-mail button and standard button prints out two identical mail addresses in the to field in Lotus Notes. name@domain.comname@domain.com I see several posts on the subject, but no solution that works for me. Did anyone find a more elegant workaround than adding a comma?

Thanks in advance!

Charlotte