Expand my Community achievements bar.

Print Once functionnality

Level 1

Hello,

I need to limit the number of prints of a document to maximum 1. During my research, i found this exemple very usefull from Adobe LiveCycle. But I realized when i tested it, that once the user passes the policy checks, he can print the document as much as he wants, which is not what i want.

So my question is : Is there an alternate solution able to remove the print functionnality, dynamically right after the first print ?

I hope that I makes sense.

Thank you very much in advance for your support !

2 Replies

Former Community Member

The sample you found is probably as good as it's going to get.  Rights Management policies can either allow or prevent printing, there is no "permission" to set the number of copies that can be printed.

The policy is checked when the document is opened, if the policy is dynamically changed (i.e. the permission to print is removed) it will not take affect until the document is closed and re-opened, so in theory, the document can be printed multiple times when opened the first time.

Also, there is no way to prevent someone from printing once and photocopying it many times.

Regards

Steve

Level 1

Thanks a lot for your answer. It is actually very usefull.

As a result, I am now looking for an alternative solution with the Adobe LiveCycle Designer, in order to add a custom print button on the form (instead of the real one), but i have no clue yet if i will be able to interrogate programatically the Right Management module of LiveCycle, to confirm the permission.

From what i have seen so far, it looks very uncertain...

If you have other tips, i'll be very interrested.