Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Prevent required fields error

Level 7
In my form, I programmically make the fields mandatory. The form also has a signature field which throws a validation error on the required fields,
only when the form is closed. Ideally, there should be an error when the form is signed.

Is there a way to prevent this error.

Aditya
6 Replies

Level 7
Update - The error only occurs in Reader/Acrobat 8x, not it version 9. I can send you a sample form, if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Aditya

Former Community Member
Go ahead and send the sample and a description of the issue to livecycle8@gmail.com

Level 7
Paul replied - "I ahve duplicated the issue and found that if I do not lock the fields with a collection of objects then the problem does not occur. By the way you shodul not include the signature field in that collection. It looks like it is a bug and you shodul take it up with support. There may already be a fix for this but I am not aware of one."

Level 7
"By the way you should not include the signature field in that collection."

what collection are you talking about ?

Aditya

Level 4
You set the fields that get locked when the form is signed as a data collection. He means don't include the signature field in that collection.

You can see your collections by going through the menu File > Form Object Colections...

Tom