Expand my Community achievements bar.

Prefill issue when form deployed/rendered as HTML

Former Community Member
Hello,

I have an issue prepopulating a form when it is rendered as an HTML in form manager. The same form if rendered as a PDF in

form manager works fine. I did the following :

1. Created a simple xdp as mentioned in

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/workflow/articles/lc_wf_prepopulate_forms_tip.pdf.

2. Deployed the form in form manager. However I have enabled the form to be deployed/renered as a pdf as well as HTML.

Observation:

If i open the PDF version of the form in form manager it works fine and gets prefilled as expected, but the html version does not get prefilled. I need to know why ?

To debug, I created a button on the fomr to execute the webservice. On clicking the button it does populate the data even on the HTML form.

So in order to prepopulate i tried executing the dataconnection in form:ready event as well as form:initialize event. Does not help in case of HTML.

xfa.connectionSet.DataConnection.execute(0);

I also tried executing the click event of the synchronousenvoke button in the in form:ready event as well as

form:initialize event. Does not help either.

Page1.synchronousInvokeBtn.execEvent("click");

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Hemen.
1 Reply

Level 10
Make sure you runAt for you code is set to run on server. That's the only way you'll get HTML to call your web service.

Jasmin