Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Pre-filling

Level 4
hi...

I am making a process for prefilling a form which is taking xml and pdf as an input. Mapped xml with a document to convert xml. Next operation is import data and last operation is renderPDFForm.

In this process, when I am giving xml input, in the next step the the same variable is shown as empty.

Please help me out in fixing this problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Ambika
5 Replies

Level 10
"I am making a process for prefilling a form which is taking xml and pdf as an input"

So far so good.

"Mapped xml with a document to convert xml"

I don't understand what you mean here.

"Next operation is import data"

Import the data into what?

"and last operation is renderPDFForm"

That's fine.

Let me know.

Jasmin

Level 2
I'm guessing that you are trying to pre-fill some of the fields on a Form using XML data as imput and then render an interactive PDF so that the end user can enter more data?

If so, I have done that using just one step with service = FormsService and service name = renderPDFForm. In my case I have 2 input variables InputFormName (we use this same process for multiple forms, hence the form name) as a string and InXML as XML.

Level 4
Thanks, Jasmin n Tom for replying...

My problem is solved. I figured out my mistake.

Jasmin- "Mapped xml with a document to convert xml"- I was taking dis step to convert an xml into com.adobe.idp.Document object.

"Next operation is import data"- It was a mistake to use dis step,i skipped it.

Tom- Its the same scenario for pre-filling and I did it in the same manner as you have mentioned.

Thanks,

Ambika

Level 4
hi...

I made the process for prefilling but case this time is bit different, I am getting customerId and form URL as an input. Using this customerId, I fired query to the database and extracted the information in an xml and then merged with the form.

Hereby, my question is, when I get output from DB in an xml. I need to provide xml information and mapping with database column. Is there any operation in which the xml definition is created during run-time depending on the form xsd?

Please, help me out in this. With this approach my process is form dependent.

Thanks and Regards,

Ambika

Former Community Member
You cannot do that definition at runtime ... the bindings cannot be dynamic they must be set wen the xdp is created.