Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

PDF Generator Watched Folder Settings

Former Community Member
Hi,<br /><br />In Livecycle ES PDF Generator, I am using the Distiller Service with a Watched Folder Endpoint to convert my files.<br /><br />I can currently get an output into the Result folder such as<br />C:\livecycle\WatchedFolder\Result\<inputfilename>\output.pdf<br /><br />This is using \%F\ as the Output Parameter in the WatchedFolder settings which is described here:<br /><br />-------------------------------------------<br />Output Parameter Mappings<br />Used to configure the outputs of the service and operation. These choices are available: <br /><br />Single Object: The pattern is Result\%F.ps and the source destination is Result\sourcefilename.ps. <br /><br />List: The pattern is Result\%F\ and the source destination is<br />Result\sourcefilename\source1 (output 1) and<br />Result\sourcefilename\source2 (output 2). <br /><br />Map: The pattern is Result\%F\ and the source destination is<br />Result\sourcefilename\file1 and Result\sourcefilename\file2. If there is more than one object in the map the pattern is Result\%F.ps and the source destination is Result\sourcefilename1.ps (output 1) and Result\sourcefilenam2.ps (output 2). <br />----------------------------------------<br /><br />I was wondering if it is possible to have the output directed to a location like:<br /><br />C:\livecycle\WatchedFolder\Result\output.pdf<br /><br />without the extra folder in the Result directory as I had previously. I have tried different combinations for the Output Parameter settings but so far have been unsuccessful.<br />Does anyone know if this can be done?<br /><br />Thanks<br />Dion
3 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi,

when configuring the endpoint, try setting the output folder parameter to only "output"

Former Community Member
Hi Daniel,

That gives me output in the /Result directory, but the files are named

output and output_0 (with no file extension)

Former Community Member
try setting the output filename to %F.pdf. The output file will then have the same name as the input file, but with different extension.