Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

PDF form I18N support

Level 1

Is there any support for different language in PDF? How many languages are currently supported by default?

Is there any documentation or sample related to the support of I18N?

If I need to create a form for different languages,  do I have to create multiple forms based on the same schema or it is possible that I can create one form but just provide the locale to switch the language display defined in multiple property files (like Java/JSP).

If the validation is needed, can that (script) also be locale aware?

If I really have to create multiple forms for the users, is it possible to change the language of the work space UI to other language based on the user profile?

2 Replies

Level 6

Hi,

>Is there any support for different language in PDF? How many languages are currently supported by default?

Yes, it has locale support, but it is supporting stuff like month, currecies etc.

>If I need to create a form for different languages,  do I have to create multiple forms based on the same schema or it is possible that I can create one form but just provide the locale to switch the language display defined in multiple property files (like Java/JSP).

You can create one form, but all translation have to be embeded to form ar binded to XML data file.

>If I really have to create multiple forms for the users, is it possible to change the language of the work space UI to other language based on the user profile?

It is possible to customize workspace UI, for this you wll have toadd some locale properties file and recompile flex application.

BR,

Paul Butenko

Level 2

Hi Jason Chen,

I ran into your post just now. We met with same problems as you depicted and we've already done chinese localization on workspace UI plus workflows with PDF forms in Chinese. If you are interested in this, feel free to contact me at ywang9@gmail.com.

Thanks,

wayne