Expand my Community achievements bar.

Pagination - Purchase Order Urgent Help Required

Former Community Member
Hey,

I'm having a problem with pagination I believe. I have tried to design a purchase order and used the example that came with the package as a base for the functionality. I created a new document though, as the example wasn't flexible enough to alter.

The problem I have is when the use clicks the 'add item' button to add more rows to the table, it works until they reach the bottom of the page. On the example a new page is created and the new cells move onto this page. I have tried to copy all of the settings from the example and place them onto my form, but it still doesn't work. I was hoping that somebody would have some words of wisdom to save me from an angry boss!!! Thank you in advance for any help...

Ben Johnson
4 Replies

Former Community Member
I have the same issue, when I insert the subform into the form in Adobe LiveCycle Designer8.0, the pagination tab grayed out, so I tried to use Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2, it's still the same as the Designer8.0, grayed out... Could someone give me any idea to enable Pagination setting? Or remind me it is issue to purchase service?

Thanks!

shiaofei

Former Community Member
The issue is that your main subform (probably Page 1) is set as a position subform and not as a flowed subform. The position subform allows you to dictate x,y coordinates where these components should go in relation to the subform. The flowed subform will stack the objects up top to bottom and left justified and allow them to flow down the page. If you look at the sample again you will see that each section Header, Detail Line, Footer etc ....are all position subforms that are defined as being as wide as the page subform which is set to be flowed.

Former Community Member
The problem is even I set the Page1 or default subform as flowed, the rest subform I inserted can not display the pagination setting, how can I make the child subform display the pagination setting? Could anybody send the wisdom idea to me?

Thanks a lot!

shiaofei

Former Community Member
The subforms woudl not show the page values ..... you can add the page values in the master pages so that they will show up when used.