Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

OR syntax not working

Former Community Member
At least one of the boxes must be checked in order to pass the edit check but I can't get it to work properly!

If I check at least one of the boxes, the message still appears as if NEITHER box is checked. So it doesn't matter whether I check a box or not the message appears!

The syntax is on a Edit Button that also check for other things which all works. This is the only one that I can't get to work properly!

if ((form1.subPage3.subApply25.ckbQuest26dol.rawValue == 0) || (form1.subPage3.subApply25.ckbQuest26call.rawValue == 0)) {

xfa.host.messageBox("At lease one is required.", "Warning", "1")

exit;

}

Please help and thanks
3 Replies

Level 7
The syntax for the logical "OR" operator in LiveCycle Designer is "or". An example from LiveCycle Designer's "Scripting" reference that uses the "or" operator:

Expression: __ | Equivalent to: ____ | Returns:

0 and 1 or 2 > 1 | (0 and 1) or (2 >1) | 1 (true)

Level 5
Hi Patricia,

With your description I guess you need to use "And" operatior in place of "Or" operator........

if ((form1.subPage3.subApply25.ckbQuest26dol.rawValue == 0) && (form1.subPage3.subApply25.ckbQuest26call.rawValue == 0)) {

xfa.host.messageBox("At lease one is required.", "Warning", "1")

exit;

}

Good Luck,

Sekhar

Former Community Member
Hi Sekhar,

Your are right..I should use AND instead or OR. I don't know why I was trying to use OR instead of AND...guess one of those days **lol**

I used another way suggested by the Acrobat User Community Forums

http://www.acrobatusers.com/forums/aucbb/viewtopic.php?pid=37420#p37420

I love these forums...they are so HELPFUL and a great learning tool!

Thanks for your help!