Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Opening a URL in a browser

Level 4
Hi all,

Not sure if this is possible (probably due to the security restrictions) but I want to open Internet Explorer to view a web page, instead of Reader/Acrobat when a user is viewing my form standalone.

If they are viewing through IE already then it will work fine, but I want it to work if they have downloaded the form and have opened it off their desktop, which currently I can only get to open the webpage within Acrobat or Reader.

Anyone able to help?

Tom
3 Replies

Former Community Member
You woudl have to save an HTML page that referenced the PDF and loaded it when the HTML was loaded. Otherwise the PDF is being opened by the application that is associated with its mime type (Reader/Acrobat).

Level 4
OK,

So just to clarify, its not actually possible to get Reader to open a browser, but if I force reader to be started through the browser in the first place, that will work?

Thanks Paul, you're as helpfull as ever!

Tom

Former Community Member
Yes ....remembet that the HTML page will have to reference the PDF file so if you link to a file on a server some where you are not really off line.