Expand my Community achievements bar.

Open Office Not working with Generate PDF Service

Former Community Member
I have installed and configured a Windows/JBoss/LiveCycle ES Demo server. I am able to convert Office docs. I have also been able to successfully map new file types (such as .xps to point to Acrobat) and this works.

What I'm having trouble with is OpenOffice. I have installed OpenOffice and set the OpenOffice_Path to point to the installation directory as is specified in the documentation (there is a NOTE for OpenOffice not to point to the .exe but the install directory instead). In this case it is C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3

I'm getting this error:

Error Message: ALC-PDG-011-030-OpenOffice Document could not be converted. Either OpenOffice is not installed on this system or environment variable OpenOffice_PATH is not set.

It is set and I've restarted the webserver, rebooted the machine, even redeployed the configuration but no luck. The only thing I'm wondering now is the documentation talks about supporting OpenOffice 2.x. I'm wondering if it is having issues with version 3? I'm hoping not as version 3 is the only one currently available to download from OpenOffice. Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks.
1 Reply

Employee
Ryan, LiveCycle PDFG ES Update 1 supports only OpenOffice 2.x (we have tested this with all released versions of OpenOffice 2.x, including 2.4, which was the latest OpenOffice version available at the time of ES Update 1 release).

Therefore, you have two choice:

* Downgrade to OpenOffice 2.4, or

* Wait a couple of weeks for ES Update 1 Service Pack 2 to be released

Service Pack 2 for ES Update 1 adds support for OpenOffice 3.x.