Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

Novice: real simple question

Not applicable
Hello,

Did a brand new plain vanilla standalone install. Also installed samples.

When I login to workspace as either Alex, Kel or Rye I do not see any of the sample forms and processes. What am I missing here?

The "Start process" Tab" when clicked on shows nothing.

thanks,

RA
6 Replies
Gary_Gilchrist
Level 3
Level 3
You should have seen a set of Activities for each of the samples. Something is wrong. Can you check your app server log (jboss turn key it's under install home/jboss/server/all/log). Also check that you have a recent version of Flash installed for your browser.
Not applicable
Gary,<br />I am unsure (mostly unlikely) if the following message in server.log is a problem:<br /><br />2008-07-13 00:59:00,734 ERROR [com.adobe.livecycle.remoteevents.client.RemoteEventClient] Client JGroup initialization failed to connect to service JGroup. Maximum retries exceeded.<br />2008-07-13 00:59:00,734 INFO [STDOUT] Jul 13, 2008 12:59:00 AM com.adobe.workspace.events.RemoteEventClientLifeCycle$RemoteEventInitThread run<br />SEVERE: null<br />com.adobe.livecycle.remoteevents.client.RemoteEventConnectionFailedException<br /> at com.adobe.livecycle.remoteevents.client.RemoteEventClient$RemoteEventReceiver.<init>(RemoteEventClient.java:213)<br /> at com.adobe.livecycle.remoteevents.client.RemoteEventClient$RemoteEventReceiver.getReceiver(RemoteEventClient.java:159)<br /> at com.adobe.livecycle.remoteevents.client.RemoteEventClient.<init>(RemoteEventClient.java:361)<br /> at com.adobe.workspace.events.RemoteEventClientLifeCycle$RemoteEventInitThread.run(RemoteEventClientLifeCycle.java:65)<br /> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)<br /><br />But everything else works fine. It is just the samples that I cannot see in workspace.<br /><br />Can I approach tech support about this? <br /><br />thanks,<br />RA
Gary_Gilchrist
Level 3
Level 3
Hi,

I did have this problem once (it was on a Mac VMWare Fusion using the JBoss Turn Key for Windows)

I fixed it by using the command line JBoss, using b localhost and turning off my Windows Firewall. I am not saying you need to disable your Firewall, but you could try to see if that changes anything useful for diagnosing.

If you have access to tech support I think that you should ask indeed as they might have more info

Gary.
Not applicable
Gary.

Thanks for the help. I reached out to support and they sorted it out.

I had to go to Admin UI and:

1. Add a category

2. Go to Archive Admin and create taskmanager end-points

3. Then add the users to the right roles

I cannot figure out why the samples' installation did not take care of this.

Well all is well. Thanks.

RA
Gary_Gilchrist
Level 3
Level 3
It's great to hear you got the help you need. But yes, the samples always perform those steps during install. I have not heard of this failing before and I would be interested in the platform (app server, db) that you used or if this was just a simple turn key.
Not applicable
Gary,

It was simple turnkey on Windows XP (Home though!).

Anything I can provide to you in the form of logs, db dumps that can help you figure this out if you want I would be more than happy to. Might help some other poor soul.

thanks

RA