Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
Bedrock Mission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

MessageBroker.getMessageBroker(null) returns null.. why?

RupakKhurana
Level 3
Level 3

Hello

I have seen lot of posts regarding this but no clear reason why this would happen. My server runs under Tomcat 6.0.33. In a spearate thread, I try to get MessageBroker msgBroker = MessageBroker.getMessageBroker(null); but it always returns null. In my web.xml, there is a valid servlet MessageBrokerServlet with load-on-startup = 1. In one of the posts Rohit suggested copy jta.jar to tomcat libs but it doesnot help either. I tried to wait 30 secs or so in my thread before invoking MessageBroker.getMessageBroker(null) and also tried to set param-name messageBrokerId in web.xml, but none seems to help.. please help...

Also tried MessageBroker broker = FlexContext.getMessageBroker() in the init() of my Servlet but it is also null.

thanks

Rupak

Message was edited by: RupakKhurana

2 Replies
RupakKhurana
Level 3
Level 3

It is resolved now. Upon careful examination of the log, I found that the MessageBrokerServlet was indeed throwing an exception due to a wrong tag being used in messaging-config.xml file..

Rohit___Kumar
Employee
Employee

Copying jta.jar to tomcat libs, was for a manifestion of a different problem. In any case, as you answered yourself, you are all set now.