Master page fields not displaying data from XML file

Avatar

16-12-2008

Hi,



For some reason if I a add a field on the master page, when previewed it does not display the xml data assigned to the field.



I have a work around, but it looks messy and would prefer to resolve the problem correctly.



My work around is to create another field with the same name in the "Design view" layout, and change the presence to invisible. I don't even have to link it to the xml data, simply select Global as the default binding.



Any ideas what I have done wrong, I assume it's a simple setting somewhere but I have no idea what it is.



Thanks



Russell

Replies

Avatar

Avatar
Boost 500
Level 10
pguerett
Level 10

Likes

612 likes

Total Posts

7,689 posts

Correct reply

692 solutions
Top badges earned
Boost 500
Boost 50
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 250
View profile

Avatar
Boost 500
Level 10
pguerett
Level 10

Likes

612 likes

Total Posts

7,689 posts

Correct reply

692 solutions
Top badges earned
Boost 500
Boost 50
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 250
View profile
pguerett
Level 10

16-12-2008

Did you bind the field on the Master page to the data (If you moved it there the binding will be dropped - so it must be bound again)?

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 5
yodadobe
Level 5

Likes

12 likes

Total Posts

298 posts

Correct reply

10 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 10
Boost 1
View profile

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 5
yodadobe
Level 5

Likes

12 likes

Total Posts

298 posts

Correct reply

10 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 10
Boost 1
View profile
yodadobe
Level 5

23-12-2008

If there, try removing the $. at the beginning of the binding that gets puts there if you select the item from the pop up list.



I have a text field that is read only and bound without the $. that was working fine for displaying data. I have a drop down that had the $. and was not saving. I removed the $. and now it is getting saved to the XML. However, it does not display on the next render of the form.

Avatar

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 5
yodadobe
Level 5

Likes

12 likes

Total Posts

298 posts

Correct reply

10 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 10
Boost 1
View profile

Avatar
Validate 1
Level 5
yodadobe
Level 5

Likes

12 likes

Total Posts

298 posts

Correct reply

10 solutions
Top badges earned
Validate 1
Boost 5
Boost 3
Boost 10
Boost 1
View profile
yodadobe
Level 5

23-12-2008

Apparently changeType is a reserved word. I changed the schema and it now works.